Wednesday, April 21, 2010

bliss

Sometimes you have to ignore the housework, put away your to-do list, and just enjoy the moment.  Yesterday was one of those times for me.  It was an unseasonably warm, sunny, lightly breezy and just perfectly delectable day.  When the kids came home from school I told them we were going on a little surprise get-away.  We headed nine miles out of town to the nearest lake,  made a stop at the sub shop, and had a lovely picnic dinner on the beach. 

The water was COLD.  So cold it hurt to have your toes in for more than a few seconds.  We built a little sand castle,  watched a loon diving for his dinner, and just soaked up that warm sunshine. 

Remember this quote from "American Beauty"? 

"......there's so much beauty in the world.  Sometime's I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much.  My heart fills up like a balloon about to burst....  And then I remember...to relax, and not try to hold on to it.  And then it flows through me like rain.  And I can't  feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life..."

Better than I could say it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment